What is a dental crown?
If one of your teeth is damaged or decayed, Dr. Edmund L. W. Char may suggest a dental crown in Honolulu, Hawaii. A dental crown, which is tooth shaped, is placed over a tooth to restore its shape, size, strength, and appearance. When cemented in place, the dental crown will cover and protect the entire visible part of the tooth.
Why might our dentist recommend a dental crown?
– To keep a weak tooth from breaking
– To hold a cracked tooth together
– To restore a tooth that is broken or badly worn
– To support a tooth with a large dental filling
– To anchor a dental bridge
– To cover misshaped or badly stained teeth
– To cover a dental implant
– To improve the appearance of a tooth
How do I care for a tooth with a dental crown?
A tooth with a dental crown does not need any special care. However, a tooth that is covered with a dental crown is not protected from decay or gum disease. Continue to practice good oral hygiene. Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss once a day, taking extra care around the dental crown where the gum meets the tooth. Also, rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash at least once every day.
We invite you to contact Char Dental at (808) 450-2155 today to learn more and to schedule your next visit.